Tag Archives: first person shooter
This game is just ridiculous.
If your credit cards aren’t already maxed out from Black Friday shopping, you’ve got another opportunity to burn more money today. It’s Cyber Monday, and there are deals to be had.
- EA is running another ridiculous sale on Origin. You can download the PC versions of Battlefield 3 and Arkham City for a mere $30 and $25 respectively. The entire Need For Speed collection (plus a copy of Burnout Paradise is going for only $80.
- Amazon is participating in the madness, slashing prices on just about everything.
- NewEgg has deals on hardware, software, games, and more.
- Toys “R” Us has also hopped on the bandwagon with discounts across the board.
If you know of other sites that are running big sales, please feel free to post in the comments.
This is what happens when a gamer gets his hands on a bunch of floppy drives, an Arduino, and some free time to play around with Java. The cake in the background is a nice touch.
For the second year in a row, I did my Black Friday shopping without even having to put on pants. Here’s a quick rundown of the best deals I ran across this morning.
- Dead Island is available via Steam for $19.99.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution is marked down to $24.99 on Steam.
- Gears of War 3 is only $39.99 via Amazon.
- EA is selling Batman: Arkham City via Origin for $24.99. (Add to cart.)
- EA is also selling all versions of Battlefield 3 for $29.99.
- NewEgg has the Logitech G13 game board for $39.99.
- NewEgg also has the Logitech G500 mouse for $35.99.
If you’ve found anything truly awesome that hasn’t been heavily advertised, please feel free to post about it in the comments section!
It’s official! Valve has confirmed that the closed beta for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will begin on November 30th. You’ll need an access key to get in, however, which were given out like candy at PAX Prime and at Eurogamer Expo.
Playable maps will include overhauled versions of de_dust and de_dust2. The beta should open up to the general public once the majority of bugs have been squashed.
Big guns. Massive explosions. Loud, glitchy music. Yep – it’s Battlefield 3.
Once again, Activision has completely turned its back on the community that made the Call of Duty franchise famous. In a brief but ominous tweet yesterday, the company made it clear that the Call of Duty Elite service may never come to the PC platform.
We are working towards a universal Elite experience but we cannot guarantee if or when a version will be available for the PC.
I wonder how many people bought the PC version expecting that they’d be able to use Elite?
This is apparently what happens when a rabid group of Halo fans spend two years playing around with several thousand LEGO bricks and a video camera.
Apparently, you can survive a tank passing over you if you’re prone. Hot damn.
Firefall, the upcoming free to play MMO from Red 5 Studios, is coming along very nicely.